Monday, January 8, 2024

Four views of Sheepstor

To get from my house in North Plymouth to The Garden House at Buckland Monachorum I take the A386 towards Yelverton.  To the east is the bulk of Sheepstor, a 369M high Dartmoor tor (granite outcrop).  Last January I was returning home after a day spent photographing the garden.  The light was lovely. low angled sun illuminating the massive bulk of the outcrop and a blue sky full of clouds.

I'm not a landscape photographer but I couldn't resist turning off to take these shots.  All taken with the Em1 Mkii and the 40-150mm f2.8 Pro, using focus stacking to get a better depth of field for the first two.





Hardly in the class of Hokusai's famous 36 Views of Mount Fuji - but every artistic journey has to start with small steps.  Tiny in my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment