Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A bit of fun

Maria collects teapots.  Specifically Cardew teapots from the now, sadly, defunct Cardew Pottery at Bovey Tracey, Devon.  She recently acquired one of their endangered species range, featuring a gorilla adult and baby.  Just for fun I thought it would be a good idea to photograph it in a natural jungle setting.

Out came some of the houseplants, arranged to balance the teapot.  Lighting was my rather primitive twin Godox T350 flashes fired through softboxes in my very restricted studio space.  I tinted the background using Lightroom but I really need prepare some poster sized out of focus type backgrounds that I can shoot in front of or use as layers in Photoshop to fill the background.




They're far from perfect, needing work on both the setting and the lighting.  However, it's just a for fun experiment - but it does give me some ideas for the bleaker days of winter.  Her dodo teapot next, perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment