Sunday, March 24, 2024

Low angled landscape / gardenscape

We tend to see the world from our eye level, whether standing or sitting.  So getting down even lower adds a new perspective to a view.  I was recently at The Garden House, for one of my weekly visits when I decided to photograph the view across the Arboretum lake.  There's a small cascade at the western end and I wanted to include this, the scene across the lake with white flowered Aponogetum, and the yellow marsh marigolds on the far bank.  

There is access to cascade side and, using the 40-150mm, I was able to get down low enough to frame a shot at 79mm that covered all three features.  It's about 60 yards / metres front to back so I had to focus stack to get it all sharp but I think it works quite well.


I'm finding I use the low angled technique more and more for landcape / gardenscape images.  It plays havoc with my aged back but it does generate some attractive shots with a different perspective to the norm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment